Friday, August 3, 2012

Mirror Mirror


Mirrors are a fantastic way to add light, glamour and open up any living space. Their versatility is undeniable; I am constantly discovering new ways to incorporate them in my designs.
Mirrors mimic windows to some extent, and I love arranging them in such a way to show off the features of each other.  Framed mirrors are a beautiful way to dress up wall space, but for my more daring clients, I suggest going floor to ceiling for a more impactful design. Large mirrors with beveled edges and fine detailing can dramatically alter an entire room. For a more understated tone, I have layered furniture pieces with mirror patterns to create shimmer and depth.
Throughout my years of designing, mirrors have become much more than a reflection. I have integrated them into my designs in almost every imaginable way, from wall art to chandeliers, from tables to sconces, from bedframes to accessories. Although specific styles may become trendy, mirrors are timeless because of their elegance and functionality. 


No comments:

Post a Comment