Friday, August 3, 2012

Elements of Wood






An often overlooked resource for beauty in design is utilizing
elements of wood. Bringing in a bit of the outdoors to a sophisticated
and clean indoor setting is accomplished gorgeously with the right
wood pieces. I have traveled far and wide for the absolute best for my
clients, and the quality I obtain is unmistakable. The bar I designed
with Don Julio 70 Tequila as my inspiration is a perfect example
(shown here). The wood grain seems to glow, which is the result of
thorough planning, handpicked specimens and careful production.

I love constructing custom objects to tailor my designs to the
uniqueness of each of my clients. When I have a furniture idea in
mind, I select wood that will play up the unique features of my design
while also ensuring that the natural beauty in the grain is properly
showcased. While usually earthy and grounding, sometimes the right
species of wood with the right kind of stain and craftsmanship can
easily become a work of art.


No comments:

Post a Comment